Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Season of Deadliest Catch

[Yes, it's been a while since a post here at Fors Clavigera--not that I think anyone has missed it. I observed a blog fast for Lent, and have since been swamped with my real job. It was good for me to have been away from it, but hope to get back to my usual irregularity.]

This Tuesday is a big day: the season premier of Deadliest Catch. The trailer for this season is a work of art in itself (see below): a moving little slice of documentary affectively backgrounded by Eddie Vedder's "Rise." No doubt the emotional force of this is amplified for devotees who are also thinking about the death of Captain Phil during the filming of this season. I continue to find this a compelling family drama that will get me through til the new season of Mad Men.